Student Records & Transcripts

In order to comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the district’s Disclosure of Education Records policy, we have compiled the following guidelines.

School Districts Outside Ͷע K–12

School districts (K–12) outside Ͷע may request recordsonline via the records system. After entering File Tracker, click on the Out of County Request tab at the top of the page, fill out the request form, and click the Submit button at the bottom of the page. A request is automatically emailed to the records clerk at the location where the file is currently located. Records will be sent to you viaan encryptedemail.

Former Students (over 18), Ͷע, Guardians, Colleges/Universities, Corporations, Legal Entities, or Government Agencies

  • Student is currently enrolled in a Ͷע school: If the student isactivein a Jefferson County public school, please contact the current school to obtain a copy of the student’s records or transcript.
  • Student is OVER18and no longer enrolled in Ͷע: If the student is inactive, attended a Jefferson County public school, and is over the age of18, requests must be made through our or by calling (502) 485-3211and listening to a recording with detailed instructions. If you need additional assistance, you may call (502) 485-3211 and dial "0" to reach a staff member. This includes colleges, legal entities, and employers needing graduation verification.
  • Student is UNDER 18and no longer enrolled in Ͷע: If the student isinactive, attended a Jefferson County public school, and is under the age of 18, please call the Records Room at (502) 485-3213.