Engineering and Technology
Student Technology Leadership Program
In the Student Technology Leadership Program (STLP), ÁùºÏÍ¶×¢¹ÙÍø students work to solve problems in their schools and communitiesâ€”and then share their work at local, regional, and national events. Many schools throughout ÁùºÏÍ¶×¢¹ÙÍø participate in STLP. Ask staff members at your child's school for more information, or .
Robotic programs allow students to learn basic programming through the use of LEGO WeDo, RCX,ÌýEV3, and VEXÌýrobots. Robotics enhances the 21st Century Skills and helps students meet International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Standards by promoting teamwork, problem solving, and project-based learning along with the integration of Science, Technology, Engineering,Ìýand Mathematics (STEM) applications.Ìý
Computer Education SupportÌýsponsorsÌýRoboRumble,Ìýa regional STLP Robotics Competition, every spring.Ìý
For more information or to start a robotics program in your school, contact the ÁùºÏÍ¶×¢¹ÙÍø Robotics team.
NASA School District Grant From the Robotics Education & Competition Foundation
Twenty-four ÁùºÏÍ¶×¢¹ÙÍø schools will participate in the NASA School District Grant from the Robotics Education & Competition (REC) Foundation. This grant provides equipment and training each year for four years to 30 local schools to begin or enhance robotics programs. The grant is connected with the VEX Robotics Competition, the world's largest educational robotics competition. VEX will hold five international competitions in Louisville, and ÁùºÏÍ¶×¢¹ÙÍø participants will be able to attend and possibly compete in the annual contest, which is held in April. Learn more about the .
In addition to these districtwide programs and events, many individual schools offer such STEM clubs as:
- Robotics Club
- Science and Engineering Club
- Computer Club
Talk with your school staff members to get involved in these activities or to start your own STEM club.
Engineering and Technology Programs and Magnets
For those with a real passion for engineering and technology, ÁùºÏÍ¶×¢¹ÙÍø offers magnet schools and programs for students of all ages.
- Wheatleyâ€”Mathematics/Science/Technology (MST) Magnet
- Brandeisâ€”MST Magnet
- Roosevelt-Perryâ€”Technology Magnet
- Academy @ Shawneeâ€”Aerospace Magnet
- Thomas Jeffersonâ€”Digital and Global Leadership Magnet
- Farnsleyâ€”MST Magnet
- Meyzeekâ€”MST Magnet
- Newburgâ€”MST Magnet
- Academy @ Shawneeâ€”Aerospace Magnet, Engineering Magnet
- Easternâ€”Business and Information Technology Professional Career Theme
- Central High School Magnet Career Academy (MCA)â€”Technology Magnet
- DuPont Manualâ€”MST Magnet
- Dossâ€”Business and Information Technology Professional Career Theme
- Iroquoisâ€”Engineering (Architecture and Construction) Professional Career Theme
- Jeffersontownâ€”Engineering (Manufacturing and Construction) Professional Career Theme
- Southernâ€”Business and Information Technology Professional Career Theme